Slow cooked to perfection with Brisket Rub and a can of beer, these ribs are a mouth-watering delight. Sear, sauté, and let them smoke for 7 hours. Pair with creamy mashed potatoes or thicken the gravy for an indulgent treat!
Beer Short Ribs
Raise the Steaks with Beer-Infused Bliss!
- 1 Rack of Beef Shorties
- 1 Can of Beer
- 1 tbsp of Pork Lard
5 tbsp Lane’s Brisket Rub
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Carrot Chopped
- 1 Serving of Creamy Mashed Potato
- Season the beef short ribs with brisket rub.
- Heat up a cast iron skillet and add the lard. Sear both sides of the beef short ribs until they achieve a lovely golden colour.
- Reduce the skillet's heat and sauté the onions until they turn translucent. Then, add the carrots and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour half a can of beer into the skillet, followed by placing your beef plate inside. Pour the remaining half of the beer over the ribs.
- Cover the skillet with aluminium foil and place it in a smoker set at 135°C/275°F. Smoke the ribs until the internal temperature reaches 95°C/203°F, which should take approximately 6-7 hours.
- Let the smoked ribs rest for 1 hour before serving, ideally alongside mashed potatoes.
- As an alternative option, you can thicken the gravy in the skillet by removing the vegetables and heating it until it reaches your desired consistency.