SWEET TEA BRINED PULLED PORK
- 8-10 lb Pork Shoulder
- 1 Cup of Sweet Tea Brine
- 1 Gallon of Water
- Food Safe Container w/lid
- Your Favorite Rub (our go to is a combo of Signature & Sweet Heat)
- Apple or Peach wood Chunks/pellets
Prep time: 2 days
- Trim fat cap off the pork shoulder. We leave about 1/8 in of fat on the top.
- Take 1 cup of brine and mix into 1 gallon of cold water and place shoulder in container and cover with lid. (**Optional** To increase the intensity of tea flavor you can bring mixture to a boil in a pot and then add ice to chill before placing meat in brine container.)
- Store in fridge for 24-48 hours.
- Remove from brine, rinse with cold running water and pat dry. Discard brine. Season liberally with your favorite Rub.
- Set up your grill/pellet smoker for indirect heat (275 degrees) and add your wood chunks/Pellets. We prefer chunks over chips for longer smokes.
- Once the smoker is dialed in, place the brined and seasoned shoulder on the smoker fat cap up.
- Smoke until internal temp of the shoulder reaches 198-202 degrees.
- Remove from smoker, wrap in foil/butcher paper, place in cooler and let rest for 2-3 hours.
- Pull, find a bun or tortilla, add some slaw (recipe attached) or pickled onions, little bit of sauce and dig in!!
LANE’S JALAPENO CILANTRO SLAW
- 1 head Green Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 head Purple Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 small red onion (sliced thin)
- 1 Jalapeno (seeded and chopped)
- 1 Lime (zest & juice)
- Handful of cilantro (handful)
- 1 teaspoon of Lane’s BBQ Signature Rub
- 1 cup of Lane’s BBQ Sorta White Sauce
- Combine green & purple shredded cabbage, onion, jalapeno & cilantro.
- Add the lime juice, zest and season with Signature Rub.
- Add Sorta White Sauce & mix well to combine.
- Serve & Enjoy!