- 1 small brown onion
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 250 g beef mince
- 250g pork mince
- 1 small carrot
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Lane's BBQ Magic Dust Rub
- 1 Tbs Lane's BBQ Pitmaster's Elite Pineapple Chipotle Sauce
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 4 diced garlic cloves
- 1 tbs Lane's BBQ Garlic2 Rub
- 1/4 cup Lane's BBQ 'Kinda Sweet' Sauce
- 250ml chicken stock
- 12 half cooked lengths of spaghetti
- 24 almonds
- Grate the onion into a large bowl and add panko, mix briefly to coat in the onion juices.
- Grate carrot into the bowl. Add remaining Rissoles ingredients. Mix well. Scoop up about 1/4 cup of mixture, form a small tear drop shape. Indent the larger and and insert some of the spaghetti leaving a tail. Add two almonds to the narrow end to represent the ears. Place on a lined tray. Repeat with remaining mixture - you should make 10 - 12.
- Preheat your BBQ to 190℃ whilst you prepare your sauce.
- In a saucepan heat 1 tbs of olive oil and cook diced onion and garlic over medium heat until translucent. Add 800g of canned diced tomatoes, 250ml chicken stock, 1tbs fresh oregano, Lane's BBQ 'Kinda Sweet' Sauce and 1 tbs Lane's BBQ Garlic2 Rub. Leave to simmer and reduce whilst your mice cook.
- BBQ your mice for 20 minutes. Transfer your reduced tomato sauce to a baking tray. Add your mice to your tray of your reduced sauce and simmer for 15 minutes whilst you cook your pasta.
- Serve your mice on a bed of pasta with some grated parmesan cheese.
Loved making this recipe? We would love to see! Upload your finished meal photos to Instagram and tag @lanesbbqau