Skip to content
- Whole Pumpkin (around 2.2.kgs)
- Decent knob of butter
- 1 Diced onion
- 1 Potato
- 2 Carrots
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- Lane's SPF Rub
- Lane's Maple Pecan Rub
- Chicken stock
- Fresh chilli
- Bacon rashers
- Brown sugar
- Cut the pumpkin into quarters. De-seed (Tip: clean and roast the seeds for a great garnish or season with maple pecan seasoning and extra salt for an unreal bar snack)
- Pre heat smoker to 105c
- When up to temp, place the pumpkin quarters, Smoke for 1 hour. We used hickory pellets on the Weber SmokeFire.
- Increase temp to 300c or until easily pierced with a fork
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add potatoes and carrot and SPF and fresh chilli. Then reduce temp for 10 mins
- Add 1L of chicken stock and let the soup simmer for 30mins
- Blend with a stick blender to the desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Plate up the soup, add a swirl of greek yoghurt (and sirracha if you're a spicy unit)
- To take this recipe to the next level garnish with a generous amount of candied bacon.
- Lay 4/6 bacon rashers on a lined baking tray.
- sprinkle with Lane's Maple Pecan Rub and coat with brown sugar
- bake for around 20 mins or until the sugar is well caramelised and the bacon is crispy.
- Be careful the coating will be sticky and scorching hot so, unless you're looking to delete your fingerprints alow to cool before handling.
- When cool, dice and serve.