Indulge in the perfect blend of flavours with this delectable Rum, Raisin, and Apple Bread Pudding. This warm and comforting dessert is a crowd-pleaser that's perfect for any occasion. The recipe combines the goodness of Brioche cubes, Granny Smith apples, and raisins soaked in Beenleigh Rum Distillery Spiced Rum, complemented by our very own Apple Pie seasoning. This dish is a heavenly treat, especially when served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Rum, Raisin and Apple Bread Pudding
Take a bite and fall in love with this Rum, Raisin, and Apple Bread Pudding - a dessert that will warm your heart and delight your taste buds!
- ⅔ Cup Raisins
- 2 tbsp Beenleigh Rum Distillery Spiced Rum
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 4 Cups Brioche cubes
- 1 Large Granny Smith Apple
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Lane’s Apple Pie Seasoning
- To get started, preheat your oven to 175°C / 350°F and generously coat a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Take a shallow bowl and combine the raisins and rum, microwaving them on high for 30 seconds. While the raisins soak in the rum, proceed to prepare the other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to beat the eggs. Mix in the milk, sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, salt, Apple Pie seasoning, and vanilla, whisking until the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Now, fold in the Brioche cubes, diced apples, and the raisins/rum mixture into the bowl. Gently stir everything together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, ensuring that the apples and raisins are distributed evenly. Bake the dish in the preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the top turns golden and puffy, and the centre sets.
- When ready, serve the dish warm and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.