This recipe for Rum & Banana Bread is a great way to use up those ripe bananas in your kitchen. It's an easy-to-follow recipe that produces moist, delicious bread with just the right amount of sweetness. With Lane's Apple Pie Seasoning and Beenleigh Distillery Rum, this bread has a wonderful aroma and flavour that will delight your senses. The recipe is quick and easy, making it perfect for any occasion.
Rum & Banana Bread
Rum & Banana Bread - A delicious twist on a classic favourite!
- 2 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Lane’s Apple Pie Seasoning
- ¼ tsp Lane’s Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Medium Bananas Mashed
- 115g Unsalted Butter
- ⅓ Cup Beenleigh Rum Distillery Double Cask Rum
- Lane’s Apple Pie
- To get started, preheat your oven to 350°F/176°C and use some butter to grease a bread pan.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, Apple Pie seasoning, and salt. Whisk everything together until it is evenly mixed.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, take the bananas and mash them with a fork. Then add the eggs and mix everything together well.
- Over medium heat in a saucepan, melt the butter, and then add the rum. Continue stirring the mixture until you start to see golden bits of butter at the bottom of the pan, and then remove it from the heat.
- Add the butter and rum mixture to the bowl with the mashed bananas and stir until everything is well combined.
- Pour the banana mixture all at once into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir everything together just until everything is incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the greased bread pan and bake it for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Once the bread is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes.
- After that, remove the bread from the pan and let it cool completely on the rack.
- Finally, slice the bread and serve.