SERVE: 4 Hungry people
PREP: 15 min
COOK: 1 hr
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4x Bone in Pork Chop Steaks
- 1kg Potatoes
- 1 tub Duck Fat
- Unsalted Butter
- Lane's Sweet Heat
- Take pork out the the fridge and season generously with sweet. Allow meat to sweat while you fire up your smoker
- Fire up your smoker to 250f/120c and place pork steaks on individually on the grill.
- While waiting for your pork to cook, qtr your potatoes and place in boiling water. Cook until potatoes become soft, but not falling apart. Place cooked potatoes in hot oven at 390f/400c with a drizzle of duck fat.
- Cook potatoes until golden and season with salt.
- Combine 300g of soft Butter and 3 Tbsp of Sweet Heat.
- Form mixture into a uniform sausage shape about the diameter of a 50c piece. wrap and place into fridge.
- Take Pork out of the smoker once internal temp reaches 135f/57c and rest for 20 minutes covered in foil.
- Fire up grill or fry pan until smoking hot and sear each side of steak for 1 minute each side.
- Place slice of Sweet Heat compound butter on each steak to melt through.