Pork Belly Shepherd's Pie
2 kg pork belly (Lean, no skin) Chopped into small cubes
- 3 large potatoes
4 tablespoons Signature Lane’s Rub
1/2 bottle of Pow Pow Lanes
- 1 cup water
- 1 bunch spring onions chopped
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 hand fulls chredded mozarella
- 2 handfuls parmesan cheese
- Cut the potatoes in half add Signature rub olive oil and cover in aluminium foil and in they go into the fire for around 1 hr.
Preheat your dutch oven add the pork belly followed by a good amount of Signature Rub, we will wait around 5 minutes until some fat has rendered and then we add all the veggies and 1/2 bottle of Pow Pow from Lanes and cover. We will drop the temperature to low and cook for around 5 hrs, checking the pork belly every 30 mins and adding water if it's getting too dry.
- Remove the foiled potatoes from the fire and add them to a bowl skin on (this is a rustic pie) Then add butter milk cheese and mix well.
- Top the pork belly with your mash potato add one more handful of mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Now we need to cook high heat focusing the heat source on the lid of the dutch oven.
- After 15-20 minutes our pie is ready to be devoured.