PREP: 10 Min
COOK: 1.5 Hrs
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Lane's Signature Rub
- 5/6 Medium sized red potatoes
- Duck fat (you can use olive oil or any oil you have handy if you like)
- 3 stalks of spring onion
- 6 Slices of bacon
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 100g Grated extra tasty Cheese
- 1 tub sour cream
- Clean and coat whole potatoes in duck fat or your prefered oil.
- Place in the smoker at 170c
- Check after about an hour and a half. prick with a fork to check for tenderness.
- Once the fork slides easily into the potato remove from the smoker let cool slightly.
- slice in halves and scoop out the potato flesh leaving 5/10mm from the skin.
- Fry up the bacon (you could also do this in the smoker if you like)
- Roughly chop 4 rashers and place in a large mixing bowl with the scooped potato.
- Finely dice up the remaining bacon and set aside.
- finely slice the spring onion and place 2/3rds into the mixing bowl.
- Add the milk and 2 tbsp of Lane's signature.
- Also add the cheese leaving enough to top the potatoes when filled.
- Combine the mixture well and scoop into the skins, overfilling slightly.
- top with the remaining cheese and return to the smoker for 20-30mins
- Once the cheese has melted nicely remove from the smoker and top with a nice dollop of sour cream, diced bacon and spring onion.
- Finish with a final sprinkle of Signature and serve warm.