Add some tropical flair to your wing game with these Hawaiian Fusion Wings! Coated in a blend of plain flour, corn flour, and Lane's Kapalua seasoning, these wings are grilled to crispy perfection and then coated in a sweet and tangy sauce made with Lane's Pow Pow and pineapple juice. Perfect for your next backyard barbecue!
Hawaiian Fusion Wings
Elevate your wing game with a taste of the tropics - Hawaiian Fusion Wings, where sweet meets savoury!
- Begin by heating up your grill.
- Mix flour and Kapalua together, then use the mixture to coat the chicken.
- Arrange the chicken around the grill and add your preferred type of smoking wood.
- Keep in mind that the kettle grill creates a hot spot where the exhaust is located, so rotate the chicken 1/3 of the way every 10 minutes since the total cook time is 30 minutes. To achieve crispy chicken, spray it with oil every 10 minutes.
- After the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the grill and place a cast iron pan on it. Alternatively, you can use a stove for this step.
- Melt butter in the pan, then add Pow Pow and pineapple juice. Allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes.
- Coat the chicken in the sauce and savour the delicious flavour of these sweet and flavourful wings!