- 2 cups frozen broad beans
- 30g salted butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 200g bacon, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum de-seeded and diced
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 tbs Lanes Fiesta rub + more for finishing
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 a bunch chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Place broad beans in a heat-safe bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for about 5 mins. Drain water. Peel and discard the skins.
Heat butter in heavy based pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add bacon and garlic. Cook until bacon browned and crispy. Add capsicum and cook until softened.
Add beans, corn kernels and Fiesta rub. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the corn has heated through. Add cream and half parsley. Cook for 3mins. Remove and serve.
Top with rest of parsley and a shake of Fiesta rub.
RECIPE & PHOTOS BY DANE COWAN