RYAN LANE INTRODUCES US TO HIS SPIN ON A LITTLE FUN FAMILY TRADITION. ENJOY!
In my family eating Jalapeños is a right of passage. I will never forget the painfully hot pepper eating contests at home with my dad. Most of the time it ended with my dad laughing at me while my mouth was on fire. Now I get to pass on this tradition with my own kids. That's when I came up with this recipe, to show my kids that daddy's still got it. Plus - Jalapeños, avocados, spices, and cheese, who could say no to that?
- 5 Jalapeños
- 1 Avocado half
- 1/4 Cup Shredder Cheddar Cheese
- Lane's Fiesta Rub
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- Optional - for some spice SPF-53 Rub
- Prep Jalapeños - Wash, cut off caps, slice jalapeños in half and remove the insides (ribs and seeds)
- Cut Avocado in half, remove Avocado meat from the skin, and place in a bowl.
- Add Cream cheese, Shredded Cheddar, 1-2 tsp Fiesta Rub (or to taste) and mix together. (optional Spicy option: For a bit more heat add jalapeño seeds to the mix)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Fill Jalapeño halves with mixture and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle top with Fiesta Rub or if you want more of a spice add SPF-53
- Bake for about 5-7 minutes