- This recipe makes 6 servings with extra waffles.
- Prep time – 30 mins
- Cook time –15 minutes
- 6 x medium chicken thighs (boneless)
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbs Lane’s SPF 53 Rub
- 1/4 cup of beer
- 1/4 cup Lane’s One Legged Chicken Sauce
- 50g butter
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 packets of waffles
- Mix the egg and 1/2 cup of flour into a bowl.
- Add 2 tbs of Lane’s SPF-53 and beer then whisk, and put the chicken into the wet mixture.
- Add the remaining flour to a seperate bowl with another tbs of SPF-53 rub.
- Coat the chicken from the wet mixture with the dry ingredients until fully coated.
- Fry at 175c for 10 minutes, or until the thighs reach an internal temperature of 165c.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and then add your One Legged Chicken sauce.
- Toss the chicken in the hot One Legged butter mixture.
- On the rest of the wire rack, toast your waffles and put the chicken on top with pickles. Add more butter sauce as you like.
- Tuck in and enjoy!
Loved making this recipe? We would love to see! Upload your finished meal photos to Instagram and tag @lanesbbqau