PREP: 5 Mins
COOK: 5 Mins
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- We had our Brisket brined by our local butcher to ensure a safe and thorough process, if you're confident to give this a go yourself there's plenty of tutorials online that can help you with this step.
- Trim the brisket. We are removing the point end from the flat, so we are only using the flat. Once they are separated, trim the Brisket flat of any remaining fat. (save the point end brisket that you removed for other treats)
- Season the brisket flat well with your favourite rub, today we are using Lane’s BBQ Brisket & Ancho combo.
- Fire up the smoker to 250F (121c). Once at temp place the brisket into the smoker, and smoke for 4-6 hours until the internal temperature of 165F (73c) is reached.
- Remove brisket from smoker and tightly wrap in 2 layers of foil.
- Place Brisket back into the smoker and continue cooking until it reaches 205F (96c) internal temperature, this may take another 4-6 hours.
- Combine sauces and spread onto a slice of rye
- Slice pastrami into thin slices and place onto the sauced rye slice
- Place a handful of sauerkraut onto a hot pan or skillet lay 2 cheese slices on top and cover with a lid or foil until the cheese melts.
- Lift cheese and sauerkraut off the pan with an egg flip and place onto of the pastrami.
- top with another slice of bread and a whole pickle secured with a toothpick or bamboo skewer
- Eat right away!