PREP: 15 min
COOK: 45 mins
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1-2 smoked beef ribs (see our beef method here)
- 1L of Bone Broth (Beef stock is also fine)
- 1/3 Cup of Mirin
- Olive oil
- 1 Jar of kimchi
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Pkt Ramen/Udon Noodles
- 1 Tsp grated ginger
- 1 Large onion
- Lane's Q-Nami Rub
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 2 Eggs
- Sesame seeds
- Nori sheets
- 2/3 Shiitake Mushrooms
- Green Onions / Shallots
- Follow our beef ribs method or use some leftovers! (Brisket works to)
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over a medium-high
- chop the onion, garlic, and 2 mushrooms and sauté in the heated soup pot until onions and garlic begin to brown
- Add a good shake of Q-Nami rub (probably about 1 Tbsp)
- stir consistently until the onions have nicely browned and the rub is fragrant
- Deglaze the pot with the Mirin and cook down for a further 10 mins
- Add The bone broth and soy sauce
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 mins
- While this is simmering prepare your toppings – Slice green onions, another mushroom. slice nori into triangle slices about the size of your palm.
- Boil an egg for 4 mins if room temperature, 6 mins if straight from the fridge. When removing from the boil place directly into iced water to halt the cooking process. This should come out as a perfect soft boil (white set with the yolk a thick silky texture)
- Prepare noodles as per packet instructions
- After 15-20 mins Add two cups of water to the broth. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Assemble the bowls by placing approx. 2 cups of broth, adding your noodles, toppings and 2 slices of beef rib in each bowl.
- Finish of with a final sprinkle of Q-nami and sesame seeds and a good pinch of kimchi.
- Eat immediately.