- 300g Anzac biscuits
- 100g butter
- 500g cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs Lane's Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Seasoning
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 125ml thickened cream
- Toasted shaved coconut, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat your BBQ or Oven to 148c.
- Save 3 biscuits for decoration.
- Blend the remaining biscuits and mix in to melted butter.
- Press the mix into a loose bottomed tart tin, then refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Put the cream cheese into a large mixing bowl and beat with electric hand beaters on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour in the condensed milk and beat again until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and Lane's Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Seasoning.
Add the vanilla, then beat again until light and fluffy.
Pour the mixture into a prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 45 minutes, or until just set, but still slightly wobbly in the centre.
Turn off your oven/smoker and allow the cake to cool with the door closed (leave ajar if using oven) for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and set it aside at room temperature for 1 hour, before refrigerating for at least 2 hours (ideally overnight) to chill.
Meanwhile, to make caramel sauce, put sugar and 60ml water in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes or until dissolved. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to the boil.
Cook, swirling the pan occasionally, for 6-8 minutes, or until golden, then remove from heat and carefully add golden syrup and cream, swirling the pan until combined.
Return the caramel mixture to medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes, or until well combined and heated through. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and stand for 2 hours, or until cooled and thickened.
Spread the caramel mixture over chilled cheesecake tart. Roughly chop reserved biscuits, then sprinkle over top of tart, along with toasted coconut if using. Serve and enjoy!
Loved making this recipe? We would love to see! Upload your finished meal photos to Instagram and tag @lanesbbqau