Elevate your snack game with thin-cut potato chips, seasoned with Lanes Australia's Applewood and topped with Sorta White sauce.
Thin Cut Potato Chips
Crispy, flavourful, and utterly irresistible.
- Take a large pot, fill it with water, and set it to boil over high heat.
- Wash the russet potatoes thoroughly.
- Using a mandolin with a straight cut attachment, carefully slice the potatoes into a bowl placed beneath the mandolin.
- Once the water in the pot is boiling, add two pinches of Lanes Australia Salt and one tablespoon of vinegar per liter of water. Stir to dissolve.
- Gently place the sliced potatoes into the boiling water and cook until they are tender but not falling apart, which may take 6 to 8 minutes (timing may vary).
- Drain the potatoes and set them aside.
- In a large saucing pan or deep fryer, heat sunflower oil to approximately 190°C.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels and place it next to the saucing pan.
- Fry the potatoes in small batches for about 60 seconds, then transfer them to the paper towel-lined baking sheet.
- Place the potatoes in the freezer for at least an hour (or longer).
- If deep frying, heat the sunflower oil to 190°C again, and fry the frozen fries in small batches until they are lightly golden brown, approximately 4 minutes.
- If air frying, preheat to 246°C and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until crispy. Remove from the air fryer.
- Sprinkle Lanes Australia Applewood and/or Lanes Australia salt on the chips, place them in a large bowl, and toss to evenly coat with the seasonings.
- Optionally, add Lanes Australia Sorta White as a sauce.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade fries!