Indulge in a taste of the South Pacific with these delicious prawn rolls. Featuring juicy prawns seasoned with Kapalua rub, a blend of granulated honey, black pepper, granulated garlic, Hawaiian Alaea sea salt, granulated onion, marjoram, cayenne, and coriander, these rolls are sure to please. Wrapped in a crispy baguette, these rolls are perfect for an appetizer or a light lunch. Serve with a side of sweet chili sauce for dipping and enjoy the taste of the islands. Mahalo!
South American Pacific and Hawaiian Prawn Rolls
- 500 gms Raw Prawn meat
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 4 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Kapalua rub from Lanes
- Salt to taste
- small baguettes
- Start by melting the coconut oil and adding the shallots, garlic and ginger to a medium fire. Once the onion is translucent add the tomatoes and coconut cream and keep mixing until well combined. add the Kapalua rub and salt. Add chopped coriander and keep cooking until the sauce is nice and thick.
- Add the prawns and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Remove the top crusty part of the baguettes and add these delicious prawns on top garnish with chopped coriander.