- 3 Tbs Lane’s BBQ Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Seasoning
- 1 Tbs Lane’s BBQ Strawberry Shortcake Seasoning
- 250g Chocolate Ripple Biscuits
- 1 Pinch of Cinnamon
- 60g Butter
- 3 x 250g Blocks of Cream Cheese
- 125g Sour Cream
- 1 Cup of White Sugar
- 3 Tbs Vanilla Essence
- 3 Large Eggs
- 4 Tbs Plain Flour
- 1⁄4 Cup Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 1 Tbs Vinegar
- Strawberry Syrup
- Red Food Colouring
- Take Sour Cream, Eggs and Cream Cheese out of the fridge and bring up to room temperature. Preheat Oven/Smoker to 160c/320f.
- Break down biscuit in food processor, melt butter and add to biscuit. Line Springform Tin with Baking Paper and push down biscuit base in the Tin.
- Bake biscuit base for 10 minutes, take out and let it rest until cool. Mix the cream cheese, vanilla & sour cream together until smooth. Add cocoa powder, sugar, red colouring, vinegar and flour and mix.
- Add eggs to mixture 1 by one. Be sure not to over work eggs as it can cause it to split. Place Cream Cheese Mixture on top of biscuit base and bake/smoke for 45 minutes or until set with slight wiggle in the middle. Shut off oven and leave wedge in oven door to let it cool down slowly.
- Once cake has cooled down, place in the fridge for min 4 hours. (recommended overnight) Once set in fridge, decorate to your hearts content. Sprinkle top of cake with Strawberry Shortcake and top with Strawberry topping.
TIP: Vinegar really brings out the red velvet flavour.
Loved making this recipe? We would love to see! Upload your finished meal photos to Instagram and tag @lanesbbqau