The irresistible fusion of smoky pumpkin soup and the cheesy delight of a grilled toastie!
Smoked Pumpkin Soup & Grilled Cheese
Delicious Pumpkin with a Cheesy Delight: The Ultimate Flavor Combo!
- 1 Pumpkin (4kg)
- 1 Brown Onion
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- Thickened Cream
- Lane’s Magic Dust Seasoning
- 1 tbs Lane’s SPG
- ¼ Cup Chicken Stock
- Sliced Cheese
- Grated Cheese
- Begin by preheating your smoker or BBQ to a temperature range of 140°C to 150°C.
- Next, finely chop the garlic and onion, setting them aside for later use.
- To prepare the pumpkin, carefully remove the lid at a 45-degree angle so that it can be placed back on top during the cooking process. Scoop out all the seeds and strings from the inside using a spoon until the interior is clean.
- Once the pumpkin is cleaned, generously sprinkle approximately 3 tablespoons of Lane's Magic Dust inside.
- Add all your chopped ingredients into the hollowed pumpkin and top it with about 1 tablespoon of Lane's SPG seasoning.
- Place the pumpkin in your smoker or BBQ on indirect heat. This cooking process will be slow and low, taking around 4 hours at 140°C to 150°C, or until the pumpkin becomes tender to the touch.
- After cooking, transfer the pumpkin to a pot and gently remove the skin, which should easily fall away. This process should take less than 2 minutes.
- Now, blend the pumpkin to your desired texture and set it aside while you prepare a grilled cheese sandwich.
- When ready to serve, add a dollop of thickened cream and sprinkle with some chives.