PREP: 15 min
COOK: 1 Hr
- Lane's Fiesta Rub
- Lane's Chilli Lime Rub
- 1 Whole Chicken (4 lb) We will use half the chicken.
Alternately you can buy a smaller bird
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 white onion
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Queso fresco or Cotija Cheese
- 2 limes
- 1 red onion
- Setup your smoker for indirect heat and get the temperature to 325 degrees.
- We like to spatchcock our chicken. Here is a great video on How to spatchcock chicken Alternately you can smoke the chicken however you like. Season your chicken with Lane's Fiesta Rub inside the skin and outside the skin. Place on the smoker and cook about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes. The internal temp of the chicken breast should be 160 and the leg and thigh should be 170. Pull and let it rest 10 minutes. We used hickory smoke.If you have our House Divided 3 Rub - it is also great for this recipe.
- Once rested shred the chicken how you like. We want about 2lbs shredded meat.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes, 3 chipotle peppers in adobo, minced garlic, chopped onions, and 1 tbsp Chilli Lime Rub to a food processor/blender and blend till smooth.
- In a skillet add chicken and blended tinga sauce and cook on stovetop or place back on your smoker for 10 minutes.
- Put together your tinga taco - place chicken tinga on tortillas, add diced red onion, crumbled queso fresco/cotija cheese, cilantro, avocado slice, and squeeze a wedge of a lime over the top.