SMOKED CARAMILK BROWNIE CHEESECAKE
By Daniel Barrington @smokedbeyondsmoked
- 1 cup 8oz/240g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs Lane’s Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 200g Roughly chopped Caramilk Chocolate
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
- 3 Tbs Lane’s Chocolate Sea-Salt Caramel
- 3 Blocks of 250g Cream Cheese
- 125g Sour Cream
- 1 Half Block of Caramilk Chocolate
- 1 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- 3 Tbs All Purpose Flour
- 3 Large Eggs
- Chocolate Topping (good quality)
- Preheat smoker to 175°C | 350°F & take sour cream, eggs and cream cheese out of the fridge and bring up to room temperature.
- Lightly grease an 8x12-inch baking pan with cooking oil spray or butter. Line with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine melted butter, oil and sugars together in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk well to combine. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until pale in colour (Roughly another 1 minute)
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder and Lane’s Choc Sea-Salt Caramel. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do NOT over beat as doing so well affect the texture of your brownies).
- Fold in 3/4 of the Caramilk chocolate.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly, and top with remaining chocolate pieces.
- Smoke or bake for 25-30 minutes for just under-done brownies.
- Allow to cool and put aside
- Once cooled, break up brownie mixture and line your cake tin with squishy brownie mix (just like you would butter biscuit for a regular cheesecake and put aside. Reserve remaining brownie for top of cake
- Melt half block of Caramilk chocolate in microwave until just loose.
- Mix cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth and then add melted Caramilk chocolate.
- Mix in flour until smooth.
- Add whole egg individually one at a time until all incorporated (don’t over mix as your mixture could split while cooking.
- Pour mixture over brownie mixture lined in cake tin.
- Cover cake tin sides in aluminium foil to hold heat when cooling
- Smoke cake at 320f/160c for 45 minutes or until cake has a slight wobble in the middle.
- Shut vents on the smoker/oven and leave small wedge in door so it cools down slowly.
- Once cake has cooled down, place in the fridge for minimum 4 hours (recommended overnight)
- Decorate cake with remaining brownie mixture and top with chocolate topping swirl.