QNAMI FOCACCIA BREAD
500g (3 1/3 cups) plain flour
2 teaspoons (7g/1 sachet) dried yeast
1 teaspoon salt
375mls (1 1/2 cups) lukewarm water
1. Place the plain flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
2. Make a well in the centre and add the water to the dry ingredients. The water needs to be lukewarm to activate the yeast and encourage it to grow.
3. Knead for 8 - 10 minutes using a dough hook (or by hand if your keen).
4. Place in a lightly greased bowl and cover with a wet tea towel or greased wrap to rise for about 30-60 minutes until doubled (depends on the temp of your house).
5. Tip out onto floured surface and knock out the air. Roll out into the shape of your pan and add to your greased pan.
1. Make a bread dough of your choosing & let rise for an hour
2. After an hour, knock out all of the air and roll into a pan of your choice - we used a circle one for ours
3. Place dough into pan - our was cast iron & dimple the dough with a fork, knife tip or skewer
4. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil on top & dot with cherry tomatoes
5. Sprinkle with Lane's QNami (or Lane's rub of your choice) and cook in smoker at 190c for 30 minutes or until browned!
Perfect side to go with leftover Thai Chicken Coconut Soup.
Pictures and recipe by Kate Irving