PREP: 10 Mins
COOK: 5 Hrs
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 6 Orange/Yellow Capsicums
- Small sharp knife
- Pork Shoulder
- Lane's Honey Sriracha
- Corn Kernels
- Red Kidney Beans
- Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1 Bottle of Sriracha
- 1/2 Cup of rice
- Pre-Heat smoker to 275f
- Trim any hard fat or silver skin off the shoulder and cat it well in Lane's Honey Sriracha making sure to fully coat the sides and any nooks and crannies.
- Put the shoulder onto the smoker and check on the progress of a nice bark and colour to develop (Probably around 3 hours) Lightly spray with water or a water and apple cider vinegar mix evry now and then if you like. When the shoulder has a nice colour wrap in alfoil and return to the smoker untill an internal temp of 205. You can increase the temp at this stage to speed up the process we had it around 350f. When done pull out of the smoker and rest covered for 15-20 mins.
- Prepare the Jack 'O Lanterns by cutting out the face designs with a small blade or paring knife. Watch your fingers!
- Cut around the stalk to create the 'lid' remover the seeds and set aside.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rice and allow to cool and dry out slightly.
- Combine 2-3 teaspoons of sriracha sauce with the rice until rice takes on a nice reddish colour.
- Add 1/2 can of corn kernels, and 1/2 can of kidney beans, 2 Tbsp of Lane's Honey Sriracha, chopped coriander, and 1 Cup of Mexican cheese.
- Pull the pork into finger sized chunks and combine to the rice mixture.
- Stuff the capsicums with the mixture and add a little more cheese on the top.
Bake at 350f for 15-20 mins
- Serve as they are or add guac, sour cream if you like.
- Have your bottle of sriracha handy and add as you go. (IF YOU DARE)