- 400g tip 00 pasta flour + extra for dusting
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 500g smoked pulled lamb
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped oregano
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 heaped tbs Lane's Garlic² Rub
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbs Lane's Garlic² Rub
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Large pinch chilli flakes
- To make the dough, whisk eggs, then combine with flour and salt. Kneed lightly on floured bench top until dough formed. Wrap in cling film and place aside to rest for 30 mins.
- Warm pulled lamb in a saucepan over a medium/medium low heat till softened. Add tomato paste, Lanes Garlic2, and season with salt and pepper. Once combined remove from heat and stir in parsley and oregano. Set aside.
- Using a pasta machine, roll dough into thin sheets. About 2-3mm thick. Cut into squares around 5cm x 5cm. This should make about 60 squares.
- Place about a tsp amount of the filling in the centre of the dough square. Dip your finger in some water and rub around the edges. Then pull the corners up towards each other to make a point. Seal the edges.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Leave to dry on the bench top for about an hour. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Place Manti into the water and cook for around 5 minutes. Drain.
- While Manti are cooking, make the two sauces. Place yoghurt into a bowl and loosen with a little water. Stir in Garlic2 and set aside.
- In a small saucepan or frying pan, melt the butter and add the olive oil. Stir in chili flakes and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Place cooked Manti on a plate. Drizzle over the yoghurt sauce, followed by the chili sauce. Eat like a boss 👌
Loved making this recipe? We would love to see! Upload your finished meal photos to Instagram and tag @lanesbbqau.