We all know that there is nothing that beats tacos, especially when you add pulled pork or brisket. Sometimes we all want a little something to go with our tacos for taco night. We sent Ryan on a two week adventure to Tijuana to find the best Mexican side dishes. As expected he didn't return for a month and a half. What took him so long? We may never know, when you see him ask him about it. He has some pretty strange stories. He did however come back with a couple of sides that will set your taco night on fire. Let us know you think of these recipes, or if you have any killer taco night side recipes of your own.
LANE’S JALAPENO CILANTRO SLAW
- 1 head Green Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 head Purple Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 small red onion (sliced thin)
- 1 Jalapeno (seeded and chopped)
- 1 Lime (zest & juice)
- Cilantro (handful)
- 1 teaspoon Lane’s BBQ Signature Rub
- 1 cup Lane’s BBQ Sorta White Sauce
- Combine green & purple shredded cabbage, onion, jalapeno & cilantro.
- Add the lime juice, zest and season with Signature Rub.
- Add Sorta White Sauce & mix well to combine.
- Serve & Enjoy!
MEXICAN STREET CORN
- 6 medium-size ears of yellow corn on the cob
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or melted butter
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon Lane’s BBQ Chili Lime Seasoning
- 2 Limes (Juiced)
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese (or Queso Manchego which you can find at Woolworths)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Grill corn for 3-4 minutes to give it a nice smoky flavor.
- Remove Corn from the cob.
- Mix together with Mayo, Sour Cream, Lane's Chili lime seasoning, Lime Juice, Cotija Cheese & the fresh Cilantro. Serve and Enjoy!!