Transform ordinary chicken drumsticks into a flavourful masterpiece with these Butterflied Chicken Parm Sticks! Grilled to perfection and topped with crispy bacon, melted mozzarella cheese, and Parmi sauce, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Get your grill ready and follow our easy steps to create this mouth-watering dish in no time!
Kapalua Parm Drumsticks
Elevate your grilling game with these Butterflied Chicken Parm Sticks - the perfect blend of smoky, savoury, and cheesy flavours!
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks
- 300g Bacon
- Parmi Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Cornflour
2 tbsp Lane’s Kapalua Rub
- To start, butterfly the chicken drumsticks by slicing down the centre of each one and then carefully cutting down each side of the bone to flatten it out.
- Next, prepare your grill for high indirect cooking. If you have a Kettle Grill, you can use a Kettle Kone, or 2 baskets pushed in the middle. Light the charcoal and wait until it turns to ash before adding it to the grill.
- Combine 1/2 cup of cornflour with 2 tablespoons of Lane’s Kapalua Rub. Coat the drumsticks in the flour mixture and place them on the grill. Use your preferred smoking wood (cherry is recommended). Since grills have hotspots, rotate the lid every 10-15 minutes depending on the size of your drumsticks.
- Dice your bacon and cook it to your liking. When there are 15 minutes remaining, add your Parmi sauce, crispy bacon, and cheese to the drumsticks. Cook until the cheese is slightly browned.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious meal!