- 4 chicken breasts (roughly 1 kg)
- 1 Italian diced tomato
- 250ml of raw tomato passata
- 4 tbs Lane’s Garlic² Rub
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko
- 100g Parmesan cheese
- Low fat mozzarella cheese
- 250g streaky bacon
- Pinch of salt
- Neutral cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs dried Italian herbs
- Butterfly chicken breast until flattened out.
- Place a piece of cling film over your chicken and slight hit with a meat mallet until the same size (roughly 1cm).
- Season chicken with salt and set aside while you prepare your breading.
- In a bowl add 1 cup of flour with 2 tbs of Lane's BBQ 'Garlic² Rub'.
- In a seperate bowl, crack your 2 eggs and whisk until yolk and whites are incorporated.
- In another bowl, put in your cup of panko bread crumbs with 1 tablespoon of Lane's BBQ 'Garlic² Rub'.
- Dip your chicken in to flour, then into egg, and then into the panko.
- Fire up a pan with oil for shallow frying, roughly about inch high. Once the temperature reaches 350f/175c, place the chicken into pan, which will see the oil temperature come down to 325f/162c.
- Cook until golden brown each side, or until internal temperature of meat is 165f/74c.
- Place chicken on a wire rack to drain excess oil.
- Dice up bacon finely and cook in a pan on medium heat until bacon is half cooked.
- Add into you tin of tomatoes, passata, 1 tbs Lane’s Garlic2 and 1 tbs of dry Italian herbs.
- Cook on medium low until sauce reduces by half and becomes thick.
- Take your crumbed chicken and place on a baking dish, top with a generous amount of tomato/bacon sauce, and top with heaps of mozzarella, with roughly 25gm of Parmesan cheese. Put into the oven at 430f/220c under the grill, until cheese is browned and gooey.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes and serve.
Loved making this recipe? We would love to see! Upload your finished meal photos to Instagram and tag @lanesbbqau