This Blueberry Bliss Slice is a heavenly treat that will make your taste buds sing with joy! Made with blueberries, rolled oats, and Lane's Blueberry Muffin Seasoning, it's a burst of fruity flavour in every bite. Perfect for dessert, breakfast, or a midday snack.
Blueberry Bliss Slice
Get ready for a slice of heaven with this Blueberry Bliss Slice! Perfectly crispy, fruity, and topped with a delicious glaze.
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- ¾ Cup Plain Flour
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups Blueberries
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Lane’s Blueberry Muffin Seasoning
- ½ Cup Icing Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Milk
Begin by preheating your oven to 375 °F and placing a rack in the centre. Prepare an 8x8-inch baking pan by lining it with parchment paper, making sure that the paper overhangs two sides to act as handles.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the oats, plain flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Once combined, pour in the melted butter and stir until it forms clumps and the dry ingredients are evenly moistened. Set aside 1/2 cup of the crumble mixture and press the rest into an even layer in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Next, scatter half of the blueberries over the crust and sprinkle the cornflour evenly on top. Add the lemon juice and 1/2 tablespoon of Blueberry Muffin Seasoning. Then, scatter on the remaining blueberries and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of Blueberry Muffin Seasoning. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs evenly over the top, making sure some of the fruit shows through.
- Bake the bars for 30 to 40 minutes until the fruit is bubbly and the crumb topping looks golden and smells toasty. Once done, place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely. You can speed up this process by placing the pan in the refrigerator.
- While the bars cool, prepare the glaze by whisking together icing sugar, vanilla, and milk in a medium-sized bowl until smooth. Add more milk if you prefer a thinner consistency. Using the parchment paper handles, lift the bars from the pan, drizzle with the glaze, slice, and serve.