PREP: 10 min
COOK: 0 mins
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Lane's Apple Pie Seasoning
- Plain sweet biscuits (We used milk arrowroot)
- 2 Cups Self-Raising Flour
- 4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbs Brown Sugar
- Table Salt
- 2 Cups Milk
- 50g Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 300g Thickened Cream
- Maple Syrup
- Icing Sugar
- 6 Granny Smith Apples
Firstly stew the apples. Peel and cut apples in to sections roughly 1 cm cubed. Add to a pan and add 2 cups of water 2 Tbsp brown sugar and 2 Tbsp of Apple Pie Seasoning.
- Stew for 20 mins or until it is the consistency of chunky apple sauce. top up the water as you go if needed.
- Put aside to cool
- Whip the cream with sugar and vanilla essence to taste.
TIP: Make sure the cream is super cold and it will whip up perfectly.
- Put in the fridge until you're ready to serve.
- Now we'll make the pancake batter. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar to a large mixing bowl.
- Create a little well in the centre of the dry mix.
- Crack the egg into the well, add the milk and combine.
- Add the vanilla essence, and a good sprinkle of apple pie seasoning.
- Heat a large frypan on a medium heat and melt down the butter.
- Add butter to the mixture and combine well.
- Using a soup ladle, pour your pancakes into the frypan
- Watch your heat, it might take a cake or two to get it dialed in but you want it a nice golden brown on the bottom by the time the topside is covered in little bubbles.
- Flip then take off the heat after about 30 sec. Don't let them overcook, you want a moist fluffy cake not a dry breaddy frisbee.
TIP: Once you flip resist the urge to press down on the cake with your egg flip. (You'll get a nice sizzling sound but you'll be pushing all the air out of your pancake and it will end up a rubbery disappointment.)
- Create a good sized stack and top with stewed apples, and a good dollop of whipped cream
- Crush a handful of biscuits and drop over the top.
- Finish with a good hit of maple syrup.
- Take the rest of the day off because it doesn't get better than this.