Our resident "PREPPER" Chris Warner shares his Meatloaf recipe with us. Move over Mum's dry stuff... There's a new sheriff in town!
- 500g Chuck (minced)
- 500g Ding Sausages
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 cups Panko Crumb
- Veg (Celery, Capsicum, Onion)
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup Kinda Sweet BBQ sauce
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire
- Tsp brown sugar
- Tsp paprika
- Monterey Jack Cheese Slices
- Gouda Cheese Slices
- Mince chuck and mix with sausage mince (no casings)
- Mix eggs and milk together and add this mixture to the mince with the breadcrumbs
- Add the chopped or grated vegetables and the spices and sauces all into the meat mixture and combine thoroughly
- Form it in a loaf pan lined with glad wrap, chuck half in, layer Gouda and Monterey Jack slices in the middle then add the other half on top
- Leave in fridge for 20 mins to "set"
- Turn onto a foil lined wire rack and remove the plastic wrap
- Cover in lanes signature rub
- Into smoker at about 250F for a couple of hours or until 160F internalish.
- Glaze with your choice of sauce over the last 30 minutes. I used tomato sauce and mustard
Photo & Recipe by Chris Warner