Pork Belly Like A Brisket! Smoked for 5 hours with Lane's Australia Applewood and Maple Pecan rub, paired with homemade chimichurri, guacamole, and served on tortillas.
Pork Belly Like A Brisket
Pork perfection in every bite!
Whole Pork Belly 3-4kg
- Lane’s Australia Applewood
- Lane’s Australia Maple Pecan
- Chimichurri (Parsley, Garlic, Red Wine Vinegar, Lime, Chili, Tomato, Rice Bran Oil)
- Preheat your smoker to 120°C.
- Peel the skin off the pork belly.
- Apply mustard as a binder, then layer on the Maple Pecan rub followed by the Apple Wood rub.
- Smoke for approximately 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 74°C/165°F.
- Place butcher paper on a surface, spritz it with a mixture of 80% water and 20% maple syrup.
- Wrap the pork belly tightly and return it to the smoker until the internal temperature reaches at least 94°C/205°F, and the meat is tender when probed.
- Take the pork belly out of the smoker, unwrap it to release steam, cool for 5-10 minutes, then rewrap and let it sit at room temperature for an hour or until ready to serve.
- Prepare a mixture of parsley, garlic, red wine vinegar, lime, chili, tomato, and rice bran oil.
- Create guacamole by mashing together avocado with lime.
- Slice the smoked pork belly and assemble as desired!